Fall Outing Weather Update

First & Second Year Fall Outing

After careful consideration with Camp Kanata staff, we have decided to reschedule this Sunday's Fall Outing. Despite favorable conditions forecasted for Sunday afternoon, there are concerns for safety and Camp readiness due to heavy rain and high winds on Saturday. 

We are rescheduling this Sunday's Fall Outing for Sunday, November 13. If this date does not work for your tribe, you are welcome to attend any of the other Sunday Fall Outings

Third Year Fall Outing Overnight

After assessing the situation for the upcoming Third Year Overnight October 7 & 8 at Camp Kanata, the forecast is calling for heavy rain and potential strong winds for the majority of the day on Saturday due to Hurricane Matthew. Therefore, we have mdae the decision to reschedule the upcoming weekend. 

We will provide the Third Year Overnight experience on Saturday, October 15. This experience will include lunch and dinner on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday. The Saturday schedule will remain the same with a special campfire ceremony to include a story from the legendary Standing Horse. 


  • Fill out our Google Document to let us know if you are transferring to Saturday, October 15 OR if you are choosing to receive a full refund.

  • Every dad individually must fill out the form by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, October 10.

  • If you need access to the Google Document, email Blue Dolphin at jenn.hall@ymcatriangle.org