Rockmont Weather Update - September 14-16


After careful consideration, we have decided to cancel this weekend’s outing at Camp Rockmont due to Hurricane Florence’s impending arrival.

While we join you in your disappointment, as we love these weekends as much as you do, the safety and well-being of our families and staff is our utmost priority. We unfortunately are not able to reschedule the weekend later in the season due to conflicts.

We are happy to provide two options in the coming weeks if you or your tribe are interested in transferring:

  • Tent Camping for our September 21-23 Rockmont weekend
  • Our new Trailblazer outing, Weekend on the Water at Camp Sea Gull the weekend of September 28-30 ($175 per person; we will issue a refund for the difference)

To opt into transferring your fee to one of the above options, please click here to submit your information. The deadline to transfer is this Wednesday, September 12.

If you are not interested in transferring and would like a full refund, no action is required. If you do not complete the above form, we will automatically issue a full refund for this weekend’s Rockmont registration fee of $197 per person. This will also apply if you registered for the Thursday Overnight option through the YMCA ($25 refund per person).

If you registered for the rafting trip through Arapahoe Nation Rafting and you choose to transfer to Tent Camping the weekend of September 21-23, you will still have the option to go rafting in the afternoon on September 21. If you choose to cancel for the weekend, you will receive a full refund. You will receive a separate email from Arapahoe Nation Rafting regarding next steps.

Refunds can take up to two weeks to process. You will receive your refund in the manner in which you paid. Please note that this timeline is pending local area weather conditions from the incoming hurricane.

We hope you and your family stay safe this week and we appreciate your understanding.

-The Y Guides Team