Vol. 7: August, 2022
- Now's the time to renew your program fees for the 2022-23 program year. Be sure to do so by the end of August.
- If you're the Captain of your Crew, be sure to attend one of the Captains Meetings in September. We're hosting one in person and one virtually. Learn more.
- First-Year registration for the 2022-23 program year is underway. Register your Crew now and mark your calendars now for a first-year Dads Meeting in September.
AS A PAIR
- Did you know the Y Guides website has craft ideas for father and child to complete together? With the back-to-school season on the horizon, now's a great time to get ready to READ! Check out this idea for a bookmark you can make as a pair.
AS A CREW
- Are you still working to form your first-year Crew for the 2022-23 program year? Join us for regional meetups in Cary, Raleigh and Chapel Hill on Tuesday, Aug. 10 and meet potential Crewmates. Learn more.
- Mark your calendars now for these important fall dates to look forward to:
- We will host Fall Outing at Camp Kanata during the weekends of Oct. 14-16, Oct. 21-23, Oct. 28-30, Nov. 4-6 and Nov. 11-13. Stay tuned for more details about signing your Crew up to participate.
- Third-years, we'll host our annual "Rise Against Hunger" meal packaging event during the afternoon of Sunday, Sept. 26. This is a great way to get your year of service started. Stay tuned for more information.
- We're excited to return to the NC State Fair this year! Come find Spotted Turtle, Swift Arrow and Blue Whale at the Fair on Wednesday, Oct. 20. More details to come.
COMMUNITY PARTNER SPOTLIGHT
- Located in Scotland Neck, NC, Sylvan Heights Bird Park is the largest bird park in North America with over 2,500 birds from six continents. The park features 18 acres of exhibits, including six large walk-through aviaries and two great wetland viewing stations. Check it out!