Due to COVID-19, the Camp Rockmont Lottery Process may look a bit different in 2020. Below, you'll see logistics and examples of how the Lottery has been done in the past. We are working to create a similar process this year, while maintaining the practice of social distancing. Keep an eye on this page for continued updates regarding the 2020 Camp Rockmont Lottery.
- Every lottery form turned in will be assigned a sequential number as they are dropped off, regardless of weekend preference.
- We randomly draw numbers that will correlate to the lottery forms. Selected forms will be assigned their preference based on availability.
- Yogi Bear drops off the registration form for the Stinky Feet tribe and it gets assigned number 56.
- 56 is the hundredth number drawn in the lottery. Stinky Feet's first choice is "cabin" in A weekend, but it is full.
- Their second choice is "tent camping" in A weekend.
- Stinky Feet tribe is assigned A weekend in tent camping.
More than one tribe?
- If you have more than one tribe that would like to be grouped together on the same weekend, you can include them on the same lottery number. Please include everyone on the same form.
- Tribes will be notified of their lottery status within 10 days of the lottery's completion.
- If tribes do not win their preferred weekend, there will be an opportunity to cancel without penalty (we will shred all payments).
- There will be NO penalty for cancellations within 20 days of the lottery's completion.
- Cancellations should be sent via email to YGuides@ymcatriangle.org (must reference lottery number).